Anyway, back to baking. I know, I know. I promised I wouldn't let myself fall behind in my postings again and I did. Please forgive me! Please?? I have a really great excuse, if that matters. He's 2, blond with big barrel roll curls, and totally impatient with me typing up recipes. I can tell you from experience, it is next to impossible to type with said distraction in your lap pushing the button on the keyboard that makes all the windows open at the same time. Not conducive to blogging at all. :)
Anyway, I made these for my soldiers this month. If you haven't checked out Soldier's Angels, do. I am an Angel Baker and I get a monthly troop assignment that I bake for but there are lots of other ways to help support our troops.
These are yummy! To be honest, they're hard to stir. My poor chicken-wing arms had a rough go of it, but they were worth it in the end. They really only take a minute or so more than plain ol' Rice Krispie treats so give them a try!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
1/2 cup bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoon butter
10 oz marshmallows
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
30 Oreo cookies, chopped and divided (I used Trader Joe's Joe Joes and they're excellent!)
4 oz white chocolate, melted (I used white candy melts since I had some on hand)
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a pot melt butter. Stir in marshmallows over medium-low heat until smooth. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Add cereal and half the cookies. Here's where it gets difficult if you have kitten-like strength in your upper body. Stir until combined or until your arms give out, whichever comes first.
- Press into a parchment lined 9x13 pan.
- Melt white chocolate and spread over treats. Sprinkle with remaining cookies and chill until set.
If found the recipe on Cast Sugar and just made the tiny changes I mentioned.